Scoresby Secondary College celebrates a year of achievements including excellent VCE results.
Scoresby Secondary College has been transformed over the past two years with a new culture, curriculum and many new staff. It’s been a year of achievement, including improved academic results and increased enrolments.
Some of the achievements of 2016 and 2017 include:
Outstanding VCE performance
- Two scores of 50 in specialist maths and physics
- Scores above 40 in Legal Studies and Mathematics Methods (in the top 10% in the state)
Exciting NAPLAN results
- Recognised for one of the highest gains in literacy student outcomes in 2016 nationally
Scholarships and competitions
- Jessica Saunders Year 10 awarded the prestigious University of Mebourne, Kwong Lee Dow Scholarship an academic enrichment program for high-achieving students with a guaranteed place in a course after year 12
- Development of the Principal’s Student Advisory Team and student representation on School Council to explore ways to improve our school together
- 35 students involved in student leadership positions
- Student leaders involved in the VicSRC Teach the Teacher program to improve school teaching and learning
- Development of successful programs with Arcare Aged Care Facility and local cultural groups.
“I am so proud of the way our students apply themselves, nurture each other, and collaborate so positively in the classroom. We have a very caring community here at Scoresby. Our teachers put an enormous amount of time and commitment into their students and these results are testament to this. They are to be congratulated for their great work.We also focus on developing the whole person, and aim to foster every student’s physical, social, emotional and academic potential. We want every child to be a well-rounded person and a good contributor to our community, said Gail Major, Principal.”